home

Recycled Pull Tabs, Pop Tabs, Pop Tops ??

TweetIt from HubSpot pinkandsparkly.jpg Pink and Sparkly up-cycled aluminum pop can tab purse. $40.00 at Sarah Roemer's Etys Store socorro_silver_650.jpg This is for when you need something versatile!! Works equally well during the day or as an elegant evening bag. Hand crocheted with over 700 recycled aluminum pull-tabs. Nicely lined with one inside zip pockets. This bag is a screamer! $95.00 at Escama tonia_silver_650.jpg For the evening on the town, this will carry your bare essentials. The strap is quality faux leather. Free from animal cruelty while recycling 350 aluminum pop tabs. $77.00 at Escama masha_silver_650.jpg For regular everyday, this may be the perfect sized bag. Not only made entirely of recycled materials but these eco-friendly bags are fair-trade and engage socially empowering business practices employing Brazilian craftswomen in the hand production of these bags. Each bag comes signed with a note from the artisan who made the bag. $160.00 at Escama Escama Studio Video
We are not silly enough to think that keeping a few pop tabs out of the landfill is going to save the world; but we believe in our hearts that the true power comes from creating beautiful things out of trash. If one person opens their mind just a little tiny bit in the direction that not EVERYTHING needs to be created from scratch just to then be thrown away, a beautiful new bag has brightened the world.
If you want to Recycle the Pull Tops in Your Life:
Interesting twist to donating pop tabs – there is a famous urban legend about donating pop tabs to provide kidney dialysis to those in need. The myth is busted here and here, but the Ronald McDonald House has taken advantage of the old legend by starting a real program to collect aluminum tabs. Click here for Ronald McDonald House donation details.
If you want to create something from recycled pop tops:
Instructions:
  • Create a pop tab bracelet: - tutorial at DIY Network
  • braceletd.jpg
  • Create pull tab crochet flowers: - Tutorial from Craftzine
  • pulltabcrochet.jpg
  • Create a Soda Can Tab Belt - Tutorial from Craftbits
  • sodacanbelt.jpg
  • Create a Pop Can Tab Purse - Tutorial from Craftster
  • Purchase recycled pop tabs on Ebay here!
    Inspiration:
    if you want more instructions on MORE things to make with recycled pop tops. pull-tab-dress.jpg Ebooks: Keeping Tabs – Amazing decorations made from aluminum can pull-tabs $10.75 at Aluminous Publishing Books: Pop-topping Paperback By Pop-Top Terp and Kenneth Patton at Amazon
    More Recycled Pop Tab Products to Purchase:
    novicaflowerpoptab.jpg This original creation is from a Braziian artist,l Neide Ambrosio, who puts a bit more crochet in her poptop creations. $129.95 at Novica.com popbackpack.jpg A backpack lets you keep your hands free to shop and carry the rest of your loads. Recycled pop tabs crocheted by hand with black thread. Fair trade with artists from Brazil. $114.93 at Novica.com popbelt.jpg This belt is very flexible and adjustable and oh so ecological. Made out of recycled pop tops. $48.95 at Novica.com sweet-birch.jpg Made from 22 hand-picked and polished soda can tabs and woven with silver or gold elastic and adorned with bead accents. Perfect accessory for you to make a very "green" statement. $20.50 at Repurposed 4 You earring1.jpg Funky and fun a quick easy way to show the world where your ears are at when it comes to saving the earth and reusing a few of its resources. $10.00 at Close the Loop colorpoptab.jpg Colorful poptab purse made by Indie artist, Pop Top Lady. It has a colorful yellow cotton lining and closes with a magnetic snap. $75.00 at PopTopLady's Etsy Shop pulltabbracelet.jpg Recycled pull tabs combined with recycled cowhide leather from discards from furniture makers makes a luxurious soft bracelet. Handmade and no two are alike. Your choice of many colors of leather. $14.95 at Save the World Designs TweetIt from HubSpot

75 Responses to “Recycled Pull Tabs, Pop Tabs, Pop Tops ??”

1. Shirl
      January 10th, 2008 11:50

Wow! that’s a lot of info on pop tabs!

2. Geeky Girl
      January 10th, 2008 16:52

What am amazing post! Thanks for all the info and inspiration Liz!!

3. Liz
      January 14th, 2008 16:57

Thanks! this is a new thing I’m trying (longer posts with links to lots of tutorials)

We’ll see how it goes!
      Liz

4. Barbara
      February 13th, 2008 15:05

I love anything which creatively recycles items which would otherwise end up in the landfill! In my clay work, I make clay pillow rattles and my “Fancy Feast” rattle features pull tabs from Fancy Feast cans mingled with beach glass – all hanging down from a rattle with a cat face impressed on the front. Go see for yourself at http://bhclaysmith.blogspot.com

5. Beer man
      April 6th, 2008 15:52

I have a lot of beer/pop tops will you pay me for them? Just looking for some scratch, being a college kid is tough. thanks.

6. Liz
      April 23rd, 2008 10:38

Hey Beer man,
      If you are looking to get rid of your beer/pop tops you can sell them on ebay….
      Liz

7. Foodaholic
      May 15th, 2008 23:47

Wow, those are very creative. I would definitely not have the patience to save pop tabs let alone make something with them.

8. Aby
      July 29th, 2008 01:18

Love your ideas on how to recycle pop tabs. Your creations are gorgeous!

9. lynzea
      August 2nd, 2008 13:12

wow I love those things you should see the things I make at home, and I am only 10. Anyway nice stuff!

10. Timothy
      August 23rd, 2008 03:49

I’ve been asking my friends to donate all their tabs to me. I’ve even went to the local can/bottle return centers and helped people return their cans for the price of their tabs.

I have frineds from all over mailing me their tabs.

On Facebook, I’ve started a group called ‘Tabs of Love’ for the purpose of making items for raffles at my local college and my main project: making a messanger bag for the woman I love, utilizing the colored tabs from energy drinks to make patterns, designs and lettering on it.

My current issues are the lack of tabs, even though so many people are helping me out on this, and a way to connect them. I figured that jump rings would probably work, but they are pretty hard to find when you’re a college student that doesn’t live near a craft store.

So if you could suggest anything about connecting the tabs, or other ways of collecting tabs, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you.

11. jennifer
      September 14th, 2008 15:29

i have a 3 foot box full of pop tabs. and i was wondering if they really give you a hundred dollars a milk jug. i weighed them on a scale and it said 40 pounds what should i do with the tabs. donate them try to sell them or what.

12. Courtney
      October 3rd, 2008 17:07

For as much soda as I drink, I have a gazillion of those things! Love the purses!!

13. carlos
      December 11th, 2008 15:05

im sellin soda tops hit me up if you want them ceelos_07@yahoo.com

14. Jes
      December 14th, 2008 00:04

I am also selling my collected tops.
      E-mail me if you’d like them.

jdschei@ilstu.edu

15. anne
      December 18th, 2008 11:19

Does anyone have any of the colored tabs from the power drinks they would like to sell?

16. The Builder
      January 1st, 2009 21:49

Great ideas, but they are all womens items. We need to come up with more men’s pop top items, like a wallet or a tool belt or a baseball cap.

17. Bryan
      January 9th, 2009 20:36

i got like 3 or 4 20-litters full of pop tabs if u wanna buy? jus e-mail me :P

18. Anthony
      January 26th, 2009 18:33

i need 200 lbs. of pop tabs. How much would that cost me?

19. Anthony
      January 30th, 2009 17:49

Bryan I need all the pop tabs I can get. My email is agonz239@yahoo.com. How much do you want for the tabs you have?

20. Daisy
      February 17th, 2009 21:39

i love the bags they are awsome

21. Luisa
      March 5th, 2009 21:21

Hi, I have a friend who has 3lbs of aluminum tabs – please let me know if you would like to purchase them.

22. Greattttt
      March 6th, 2009 03:10

i have alot of pop tabs and i was wondering how much i could get for them…

23. Jos
      March 7th, 2009 03:52

What an amazing ideas!
      This is great, thank you.

24. Steph
      March 25th, 2009 17:14

I have a lot of extra pop tabs I would like to sell.
      Please email me if interest smatour@gmail.com

25. creationsbyingrid
      March 26th, 2009 16:48

Have some interesting purses made from soda pull tabs and sell in my etsy and artfire shop. Also a few pattern crocheting with soda pull tabs available. Check it ou creationsbyingrid

26. mickey
      April 7th, 2009 13:13

I have 13gal bag half full of these tops that I was saving for my daughter to turn in with her cans. she is saving for a horse. We took cans and tops to local scrap yard they will not accept cans tops unless they are attached to cans. If anyone would be interested in buying them email me tc_mickey@yahoo.com

27. juan
      May 5th, 2009 22:40

I am looking for aluminum pull tabs. If you have some please e-mail me at jujolosa@hotmail.com

thanks

28. marcos
      May 6th, 2009 18:09

i got 10 bottles, 20-litters of pop tabs if u wanna buy just e-mail me.peruchoboy@yahoo.com

29. Rae Rae
      May 31st, 2009 00:10

i love those they are really cool.

i just need enough pop tabs for it i’v been trying to look online for some but nobody sells the colored ones like the energy drink tabs. so i was just wondering if you could give me an idea of were to go to get a bunch for cheap or whatever.

i wanna make a Mural on my wall. :D

please e-mail back. thank you.

Rae

30. Jenny
      June 2nd, 2009 16:50

wow this is auome how do u make those

31. ray ray
      July 10th, 2009 19:57

i need soda tabs if you could email me if you have any that would be great my email is greschorus@rocketmail.com

32. sandra
      July 29th, 2009 12:04

Hey i Have about a gallon and a half of these i Have been trying to sell them Because i need the extra cash for my daughter.email me at butterflykiss_728@hotmail.com

33. lemon taster for the king of europe
      August 5th, 2009 17:23

i love pop tabs ….hmmmmmm yummy lol

34. kayla
      August 16th, 2009 19:57

hey were can i sell pop tabs?

35. Skyler
      August 30th, 2009 22:38

I would like to buy some pop tabs if anyone has some, i just need like 30 ish?

36. Jam
      September 19th, 2009 21:35

i have tons of pop tabs..where can i sell them?
      i need some extra cash..

37. hottie101
      September 20th, 2009 14:15

this is so awesome.i love the rings, me and my friends make necklaces out of “check” bottle tabs there colorfull so it look really kool

38. Rachel
      October 9th, 2009 22:51

hey i’m looking to buy 600+ soda can tabs please email me at da.nerd555@gmail.com if you’re interested in selling them

39. Polly
      October 20th, 2009 19:44

wow .. that’s a LOT of pull tabs you need!

40. Kathy Sherry
      December 17th, 2009 14:03

Do you still have pop tops to sell? I am very interested. Please email kathyinvero@yahoo.com. What is your cost?
      Kathy

41. DragonLover3000
      December 23rd, 2009 16:39

OMG THAT IS ALOT OF TABS. Especialy the dress!

42. yamasda
      January 27th, 2010 00:18

Hi,I was wondering how much you will pay for 5 gallons of pop tops if i decided to sell to you.. if the price is good i will keep supplying you more. thanks

43. rosemarie sena
      April 1st, 2010 14:14

Hi how much do you pay for pop tabs

44. Al Gonz
      April 9th, 2010 13:07

I have lots of can tops anyone interested, just email me..

45. mariam
      April 26th, 2010 19:33

i really want to learn how to make a purse, any ideas how to learn?

46. kirsten
      May 9th, 2010 17:34

i really want to learn how to make purses and dresses like that they are sooooooo cooooool

47. ALICIA BREWER
      July 14th, 2010 06:20

I have pulltabs im looking to get 20 to 30 bucks out of them if anyone is interested in them. I do got one blue tab from a energy drink all the rest are silver. (sorry) I have about 100 to 200 tabs we be adding more to the collection today. I live in Fulton Missouri I need the money before Friday. Thanks all Email me if you are intersest

48. ALICIA BREWER
      July 14th, 2010 06:22

Sorry email me at mobabygirl1991@yahoo.com

49. jill
      July 23rd, 2010 10:54

i have alot of pull tops that i need to donate. can someone send me an address and they can go out asap. i am a flight attendant so you can imagine how many i do save.

50. jessica
      July 25th, 2010 21:48

jill if you are still wanting to get rid of the tabs email me at jjohnson62286@yahoo.com my class is collecting them for the rondald mcdonald house

51. Gloria Rios
      August 14th, 2010 12:34

I just finishdoing my first purse. I love it.I will continue doing more bads, purses, etc. I live in El Paso, Colorado Springs, Co. and I will ask any one of yours where or how I can sell my purses.I ahve a picture of the one that I just finish .

52. Pam Lamb
      August 20th, 2010 23:09

I love making purses out of pop tabs. If any one has pop tabs that they would like to donate I would really be greatful.

53. creationsbyingrid
      August 29th, 2010 19:37

Hi,
      I sell my own Soda Pull Tab Creations Purse, belts

54. mariana
      September 2nd, 2010 17:06

I invited to you to visit http://www.maresaccesorios.com. I have products of recycled pull tabs, made in Mexico.

55. terry
      November 23rd, 2010 14:15

i need pop tops before the 14 th of december please email me will pay cash please email me werbon29@yahoo.com thanks

56. jovy
      December 6th, 2010 19:00

Wow what an imagination. Like the purse

57. roger pavon
      December 30th, 2010 03:24

hello, i have one milk gallon full of pop tops and another one half ways. im trying to sell them for the college. i own like 200 bucks n dont have financial aid ;( 909 644 8413 yeyo00769@hotmail.com have a wonderful day.

58. Beatriz Moncloa
      January 11th, 2011 18:11

Hello, I have 4 gallons full of pop tops and I’ve been trying to find a place where I can sell them.. Please e-mail me if you are interesting in buying them. E-mail me at monclobich1@aol.com or call me at (310)5491459

59. Martha Jackson
      March 9th, 2011 03:06

I HAVE ONE MILK JUG FULL OF POP TABS, AND ANOTHER ONE HALF FULL. I WOUL LIKE TO SELL THEM. YOU CAN REACH ME AT 708-269-4284

60. isidro rocha
      April 5th, 2011 19:32

hello i have 4 gallons full of pull tabs im trying to sell them!! please email me if you are interesting in buyin them to isidro49@yahoo.com.mx or call 574 266 4623

61. scott shonting
      April 27th, 2011 15:10

I have one full milk jug full of POP TABS.I would like to sell them. contact me @ scottshonting@gmail,com or (505)508-3594

62. Josh
      April 27th, 2011 21:55

Am lookng for colored pop tops, can you please tell email me at joshcolts18@gmail.com. thanks so much

63. Derrick
      May 4th, 2011 01:28

I have about 3 gallons of tabs and I wnt to sell them to get some extra money email or call 901 310 0738dp

64. sonia
      May 10th, 2011 20:38

i have almost a gallon full of tabs need cash

65. Vanessa
      May 24th, 2011 07:23

I would really like some piece of clothing built from these, it would be nice

66. john
      June 5th, 2011 18:24

hi i need to buy about 3000 soda tabs if you or someone you know have access to tabs they would be willing to sell please contact me at johnogetsmail@gmail.com

67. Sona Aslanyan
      June 6th, 2011 14:40

I have a 24 liter bottle filled with tabs if anyone is interested. email me at aslanys@lamission.edu and we can arrange a pick up.

btw…i heard UCLA also pays $$$ for a bottle-anyone have info on this or number i can contact. thanks
      sona

68. Shawn
      June 20th, 2011 10:24

Im selling soda tops over 500 I can be contacted at sjawnh36@gmail.com im located in tampa fl anyone near me interested let me know

69. Shawn
      June 20th, 2011 10:27

Im selling soda caps over 500 can be contacted at shawnh36@gmail.com

70. Priscilla
      July 2nd, 2011 22:06

I have a gallon full & would like to sell!

71. Priscilla
      July 2nd, 2011 22:33

My email is escoto_prissy76@yahoo.com

72. nancy
      July 5th, 2011 15:02

i have a gallon full of tabs need cash. how much well you give me??..sent me a mail to rdznancy2252@yahoo.com as soon as possible

73. LINDA
      July 11th, 2011 16:25

i have about a gallon of soda tabs, if anybody is interested in buying them let me know.
      LINDA

laroman01@yahoo.com

74. LindzandMo
      August 11th, 2011 23:31

We have over a gallon of pop tops we are looking to sell! If anyone is interested please let me know. We have a mix of plain aluminum and some colored ones like Monster and Amp, etc. Or if you have any ideas where we can sell them that would be helpful too!

75. erminio aguila
      August 12th, 2011 10:36

My mom collects all her pop tabs. She has alot of the ones from enery drinks. Call if intersted 1347-737-8799

ReUseIt.com

The Ultimate Green Store

CLICK HERE

• LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
    • Are you ready for your annual DrNatura cleanse? As natural health alternatives gain popularity, millions of Americans are choosing herbal fiber detoxification programs to cleanse their bodies of accumulated wastes and toxins. Cleansing with herbal fiber supplements is a gentle and all natural alternative to in-office cleansing procedures.

• Novica Ornaments Collection